Friday, January 6, 2012

Meet Yala Model Tara Manning
Member of The PDX 30

We are proud to share that one of our Yala models, Tara Manning was selected for December 2011's PDX30. Starting last year, each month three new members are selected by a panel of Portland, OR leaders for standout behavior that added value to their community, boosted the economy or inspired others to do something significant in the city.

We are excited to share a re-blog interview with Tara by Portland's Living Life Local:
Dancing Through Life

We are proud to announce a dynamic individual for this December whose significant contributions to the economy, and her community are more then note worthy, they are outstanding. Tara Manning is doing a lot for kids, the community, and business, in fact she operates three companies and operates each with style and grace.
                         Yala's Organic Cotton Della Top                                                        Yala's Kai Top

“I love that Portland has everything a big city has, with a small town vibe. Portland is very diverse and accepting of everyone and there are always new and fun activities going on, if you want to be socially or physically active,” shared Tara with a smile. Tara Manning stays both physically and socially active running her own dance studio “Steppin’ Up” and covering a large area of the Northwest as a regional marketing manager for “360 Events and Promotions.” As if that was not enough for this dynamic lady she continues to give back to the community in meaningful and unique ways. 

Learning How to Take the Lead

 

So how did Tara Manning arrive at this place in her life? She told us, “My parents and God made me the woman I am today. I have also had some amazing mentors that  encouraged me to pursue careers that make me happy and active. My College professor encouraged me to be a dance teacher when that thought never even crossed my mind and a dear friend from San Diego encouraged and trained me to be a marketing manager. I still work in both of these fields and really appreciate their encouragement.”
 


When we asked if she was able to fit anything else into our busy days Tara laughed and answered, “I also work as a model with agencies in Portland, Seattle and Hawaii. I am thankful that I love what I do.”

Caring Contributor

As we mentioned early Tara is certainly not just strictly business. As so many of the members of The PDX 30, giving back is a way of life for Manning. She shared, “Serving at the union gospel for nine years was a great highlight in giving back to the community, but over the last year I found my true calling. My dog and I went through the pet therapy program to get certified as pet partners. We currently visit kids every Friday at Emanuel Children’s Hospital.” Manning clearly has a heart for kids, and relishes the chance to help young people build confidence whether she is visiting a hospital room or teaching them new dance steps at her studio.

                                     Yala's Nora Gown                                                         Yala's Izzy Pajama Set

She is also giving back to the local economy, creating jobs while developing her marketing teams. “As a marketing manager, I hire local talent to work promotional events each week. I love supplying new jobs to local talent,” shared Tara enthusiastically.

So what was the biggest hurdle this over achiever had to face? Her answer, “Perfection!” Tara explained, “I had to come to realize that everything I do will not be perfect. As long as I know I made the best decision with the information I have at the time, I trust myself that I have given the situation my all.” Manning added,  “I’ve also learned that if I am myself, the things that I truly love, will come to me naturally.”

Taking New Steps

When many people are unclear what their future holds in these uncertain times Tara answered with confidence, “I plan to grow all three businesses in size and clients and get two new modeling agencies this year. 2012 is going to be even more successful than 2011.”

What would Manning share with you whether you are 8 or 80 as you pursue your goals? She said, “Listen to your inner calling. Don’t take the easy or shorter route. I know it’s cliché, but the best things in life come with patience and hard work.” With a sparkle in her eye Tara added, “Always be true to yourself!”

Connect with Tara Manning:  Steppin' Up

-Blog by Portland's Living Life Local

Until Next Time,

Lauren of Team Yala

No comments:

Post a Comment